Collection of Information
We collect the personal information that you provide to us when you send us an e-mail message by use of the links contained on this website. This information is used to add your name and details to our mailing list(s) in order to provide you with updates and other communications that may be of interest to you.
Our web server may also automatically collect information that relates to your visit to our website. This information does not identify you personally and may be used to assist us in future changes to the website.
Security and Retention
We take reasonable precautions to keep secure the information that we collect, by use of physical, organizational and electronic safeguards. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure, we do not represent, warrant or guarantee that any collected personal information will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration. Moreover, we do not assume liability for any personal information provided to us, nor for use of personal information by you or any third parties.
We shall not disclose any of your personal information, unless required by law or a Court, or for security reasons.
Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Our firm members are subject to professional and ethical obligations, and therefore will not disclose Personal Information subject to solicitor-client privilege, unless the client has provided their consent.
We use or disclose your personal information as described below, and for any additional purposes for which we have obtained your consent. We share your personal information with firm members, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist it with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you.
We may collect and process personal information for the following purposes:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
- To provide you legal services and/or to deal with any requests or inquiries you may have and to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To conduct, monitor and analyze our business or site operations.
- To conduct our recruiting and selection process.
- To protect the rights and safety of its affiliated entities and third parties, as well as our own.
- To meet legal requirements like complying with court orders and valid subpoenas.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar proceeding.
- To communicate with you about your client file for informational, not promotional, reasons.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our site includes links to other websites, whose privacy practices may differ from those of ours. If you submit Personal Information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of third party sites, including www.brettonwoodslaw.com. Please check the privacy policies published on any third-party sites which you may access through the Site before submitting Personal Information to them.
Upon request, we shall provide you with access to any personal information that we have collected about you through our website. In the event that the personal information is not accurate, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may update this information and answer any questions that you may have.
Last revised 26 July 2018.